Actually, it was way better than nice. It was so fun!
I had 10 students, from age 5 - 11, and 2 adult helpers. Praise the Lord for adult helpers. They were relentless in their dishwashing.
We used 35 lb. of flour, 8 lb. sugar, 30 eggs, 1 lb. butter, 3 lb. carrots, 3 lb. zucchini, 12 tomatoes, and a whole list of other stuff. We ended up making quite an impressive list: 30 loaves of bread, 73 muffins, 126 mini-muffins, and 10 servings of bruschetta.
Kids used rolling pins, garlic presses, food processors, serrated knives, cookie sheets, loaf pans, muffin tins, measuring devices of all kinds.
Only 1 egg cracked on the floor, no one was cut, and we had only 1 minor burn. So overall, a golden week.
And another fun detail: the bible verses.
1) So the people took their dough before the yeast was added. From Exodus.
2) "I will rain down bread from heaven for you." God to Moses. Also from Exodus.
3) "I am the Bread of Life." Jesus to the disciples in the book of John.
4) "I am the Bread of Life." Again, Jesus, later in John.
5) "The kingdom of heaven is like yeast." From a parable in Matthew.
There were other fun classes going on as well.
Cake Decorating (Frosting is like love; it covers a multitude of sins.)
and a few other classes like Superheroes, Tie Dye, Poetry, Dance/Drama, String Instruments, Flag Twirling, Global Art.
I could really feel the creative joy this week! I wonder if God felt this way when he was creating weird stuff, like the coconut, or the giraffe.