Saturday, October 23, 2010

Makeovers are not just for the ladies: His/Her Before/After

Someone in our house is sporting a new look these days. Actually, two someones.

And I'm not talking about the dog whose adventures in a nearby vacant lot resulted in hundreds of burrs. We needed professional help that day.

The Music Man said "goodbye" to 50 pounds in 4 months and is quite proud of himself.

Check him out before, in June 2010.


And here he is after, today Oct 2010.


As our kids say, "He's not so puffy anymore."


Fifty pounds is about the size of our 7 yr-old. Just imagine having to carry her around for most of your life, then not having to carry her around any more.


We're all a lot happier about it.

This happened to coincide with my month-long build up of "I've got to do something about all this hair!" Turns out they have professionals to help with that too.

I went to our local hip hair place Thomas Blondie and was serviced by Mr. Dwight Thomas himself. I was slightly nervous because he considers himself a hair artist. Because I prefer art to be on my walls or in my oven, I told him to go easy on me. I pointed sheepishly at one of those examples in a hair magazine and Dwight went right to work.

Here I am before, looking too much like Kate on Lost, when she's stranded on an island, without access to conditioner.


And here I am after.


I think I lost about 50 pounds of hair. And we're all a lot happier about it.


6 comments:

  1. Way to go, Darel!!! You look incredible!!!
    And Keri, you look fantastic too :) Glad you guys are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm not going to recognize either of you at the next family gathering. Seriously, if I saw Darel in public somewhere random, I would completely not know it was him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both look great! Congrats to Darel. Beautiful girls too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Darel! Great job! Keri, your haircut is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an inspiring blog! Do the curls come with your cut, or did our curl your hair?

    You all look great! My hair could use a makeover too, but I never had do anything with it anymore. If I wear it down, my baby girl pulls on it. So, it's just pull up most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are both adorable! Congratulations, Darel -- that is super-hard work to lose all the weight, and you must feel awesome. Keri, your hair is fabulous! It's making me long for my bi-annual trim. :)

    ReplyDelete