10 Ideas for a Trash-free Lunch
1. Take leftovers in a Tupperware or Pyrex container, instead of in foil or wax paper.
2. Take a cloth napkin and real silverware, instead of a paper napkin and plasticware.
3. Take crackers or cut fruit in The Eventual Farmer’s snack packs, instead of Ziploc.
4. Try to eat food close to its natural state to avoid packaging (example, an apple instead of applesauce).
5. Consider making granola bars instead of store-bought ones. See here for a simple recipe.
6. Take sandwiches in The Eventual Farmer’s sandwich wraps, instead of in a Ziploc.
7. Use a washable drink bottle or jar, instead of a juice box.
8. Bring home food scraps (banana peels, apple cores, etc) for composting or simple burying in the flower beds.
9. Buy big blocks of cheese and take small chunks, instead of individually wrapped string cheese.
10. Take a hard-boiled egg for easy protein. Bring the shells home for composting or burying.