Wednesday, January 20, 2010

you say "potato," I say "stamp!"

I recently got the urge for a throwback craft. One of those timeless, charming, messy activities that never goes out of style.

And potatoes were on sale at the grocery store last week.


So we rounded up some friends, hauled out the paints, and got stamping.

Does it surprise you that we used the ultra-cute mini cookie cutters from our cinnamon applesauce ornament craft?


The stamps were surprisingly easy to make. Just cut the potato in half, shove the cookie cutter into the sliced part, use a paring knife to cut around the cookie cutter, then slide off the cutter and the potato scrap. Open up the paints and stamp away.


Can you tell I have one very systematic daughter and one very free-form one?



And of course, I had to try my hand as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment