Friday, June 1, 2012

"Creatures, I give you yourselves."

You might have guessed from the sidebar on the right that we do a bit of reading over here.    Fiction, nonfiction, adult, children's, old-fashioned, current, trendy, quirky, quaint, BOCD.  We love it all.

We're currently listening to C. S. Lewis' The Magician's Nephew, which has risen to the top of my favorites list.  Today's portion especially, as the great lion Aslan speaks life and breathes intelligence into the new world.


Aslan
"Narnia, Narnia, Narnia, awake. Love. Think. Speak. Be walking trees. Be talking beasts. Be divine waters."

Aslan
"Creatures, I give you yourselves," said the strong, happy voice of Aslan. "I give to you for ever this land of Narnia. I give you the woods, the fruits, the rivers. I give you the stars and I give you myself." 


What passages are especially touching you today?

2 comments:

  1. I love the Chronicles of Narnia. My daughter Tara read the entire series when she was only 7 years old (and she has re-read it several times). Great series!

    So Keri...did you ever watch the Back To Eden Movie? And if you did, what did you think??

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Kelly,

    I haven't watched Back to Eden yet, but thanks for including the link. I hope to watch it soon!

    Keri

    ReplyDelete