Sunday, June 13, 2010

sushi tutorial, part 2

Recently I got up the courage to try making sushi rolls without the supervision, leadership, and pleasant companionship of my friend Mari.

I made the rice.



I cooked it according to package instructions then cut in a mixture of 2 tablespoons vinegar, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon salt. Oh, the aroma!


I chopped the inside stuff.


I made the fun squirt stuff (combine tuna, mayo, onion then squirt it from a plastic baggie in a line on the nori sheet, great flavor!)



Then I attempted to roll it up. That was fun. Actually the worst part of it was covering the bamboo mat with plastic wrap between rolls. That stuff is evil.


But when it was all said and done, the rolls didn't look half bad. I only had to eat 8 or 10 of them that were too ugly to serve to actual people.


Will I try this again? Only with the help of friends.

For a look at the first part of the sushi tutorial, see this post.

1 comment:

  1. awesome!!!! I love it:). I think I'll give it a try! I LOVEEEEE Sushi!!! (HH)

    ReplyDelete