Sunday, December 18, 2011

and then I thought I'd never run out

A while back I inherited a large collection of sewing thread from Music Man's grandmother, and I acknowledged that I never thought I'd own that much thread. But I loved it! All those spools of possibility, lined up neatly by color.


And now with my latest blitz of markets, I've been having a 5am date with my sewing machine, a 1pm date, and an 8pm date, squeezing in a hour or two of creating when the kids were sleeping or at school. The biggest surprise in all of this elving, was how much I loved it! The hum of the sewing machine when all else is silent......ah....

The second biggest surprise was how much thread I was using. It seems I was always using up a spool and needing to replace it. I quickly tossed the empty spool aside and grabbed a replacement. After awhile, I noticed a growing pile of empty spools. The kids counted 15 used spools of thread!


Then I did some math: 15 spools of thread, at about 300 yards each, is 4500 yards, which is 13,500 feet, which is about 2 and 1/2 miles!

I've used 2.5 miles worth of thread.

I'm not quite sure what to think of that. But now I'm feeling the need to put those adorable empty spools to good use. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment