When I brought these to a gathering a few years ago, the host said, "She must love us!"
And, they are super simple to make.
1. Take clean, dry, room-temperature berries. I used about 20 last night.
2. Melt some chocolate chips (about 1/2 cup) in a glass bowl in microwave (stir every 30 seconds till smooth).
3. Dip strawberries in chocolate, holding on to the leaves, twisting to cover the bottom portion.
4. Set dipped berries on a wax paper-lined cutting board.
5. Melt a small amount of milk chocolate chips (or white chocolate, if you are super fancy) in another glass bowl (stir every 30 seconds till smooth).
6. Scoop this melted chocolate into plastic baggie and snip of a tiny bit off one corner. Pipe chocolate onto dipped strawberries, taking care to cover any messy edges. Remember, melted chocolate covers a multitude of sins!
7. Chill the berries in the fridge to set the chocolate. After about 15 minutes, they'll be ready for enjoying. They will be so good, you'll plan to go berry picking again the next day, to be sure to have the extra-berry problem again.