Tuesday, June 28, 2011

a birthday tradition?

We're not much for traditions in our family, but I think we might be working this one in to our June calendar for years to come. The last time I was here was about 8 years ago, when I was pregnant with my firstborn. The child who now corrects my typos over my shoulder, goes down the big slide at the water park, and can do this crazy double-tongue thing on her flute.

(author gets back on track)

Last Saturday we made a birthday outing to Detroit's Eastern Market.


Because all I really want in life is to be a pedestrian;


searching for fresh, colorful food;


considering perennials;


overhearing fun music;


feeling mildly cultural;


in the company of loved ones.


Thanks, family, for a tasty day!

1 comment:

  1. One of our favorite places to spend a Saturday as well...Haven't made it this year, but hope to soon!

    ReplyDelete