Sunday, January 15, 2012

extra candy canes?

If you are anything like us, you end up with several random and neglected candy canes at the end of the holiday season. When I came across this idea for reshaping them into peppermint sugar cubes, I let my morning plans get derailed for a fun 20 minutes.

Basically you let the food processor grind up a bunch of candy canes, some white sugar, and a tiny bit of water until you have sandy, minty granules.


Press them firmly into little cookie cutters.



Let them harden for an hour or two and pop them out.




Save the leftover granules for peppermint sugar for tea, coffee, or hot chocolate. Instant minty hot drink.


Perfect for January in Michigan!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! I think I may do this at preschool for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smiles at the end of the counter. :-)

    ReplyDelete