Friday, April 13, 2012

What I've been doing on Thursday nights.

It's not that I'm trying to be secretive about how I've been spending my Thursdays from 7 - 9pm.  It's just that the Artist Way Group that I've been attending is so hard to describe.  At its simplest, it's a small group affiliated with my church that works through The Artist's Way book one chapter at a time.  At its most complex/interesting/beautiful, it's a collection of people that comes together to support, encourage, and challenge one another as we integrate art into our lives, doing our best to honor God along the way.

God is the Ultimate Creator after all, and we are created in his image, so there's a healthy bit of his creativity in us.

And we celebrate it.



Yes, we discuss the chapters in the book.  We also do projects.  Oh, the projects.

We cover journals.


We make collages about our lives.



We learn painting and weaving techniques.



We write poetry.


We go on Artist Dates.


We listen to each other.

We inquire.


We pray.


We are.


Together.


2 comments:

  1. You've summed it up really well. Such awesome pictures. I love you all, and am so blessed to have you in my life.
    Thanks for helping me to be creative again.
    ~Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing group of ladies! Love it : )

    ~Steph from Spain 1995

    ReplyDelete